[mythtv-users] Hauppauge WinTV cards

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Sep 21 13:25:40 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 21 September 2004 09:46, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 19, 2004 at 10:06:54PM -0700, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > > Hmm.  I'm not able to find any non-WinTV versions.  Their homepage has
> > > none, pricewatch has none, ebay has none, newegg has none.  Is this a
> > > discontinued product line?
> >
> > All of Hauppauge's TV current cards are prefixed with WinTV, so far as I
> > know. There used to be a Hauppauge WinTV PVR card, which was supplanted
> > by the Hauppauge WinTV PVR-250. I'm not aware of any card simply called a
> > "Hauppauge PVR".
>
> The older, non-MPEG card was called the WinTV-PVR PCI, if I recall
> correctly.  Their website still showed it a few weeks back, but I
> haven't looked lately.

Yes, but that card name still included the WinTV part. If I understand
correctly, the OP was somehow thinking there was a card called a Hauppauge
PVR something that was somehow different from a Hauppauge WinTV PVR
something, not understanding people on this list just drop the WinTV part,
but are still referring to the same card.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...