[mythtv-users] Frontend

Tom E. Craddock, Jr. sigtom at sigtom.com
Wed Sep 22 08:06:46 EDT 2004

anders smith wrote:

>This is a pretty silly question, but it doesn´t seem obvious to me.
>Using and xbox with a softmod as a myth fronend, I was wondering if I can
>still use the internal dvd to play movies via mythdvd.... ?.
>rgds
>anders

Anders,

Yup.  You can even use the XBox dvd drive to rip a DVD to the backend if
you wanted.
All the XBox is is a PC in a sff case really.  So whatever you do on yer
PC w/myth, you can pretty much do with the XBox as well.... with the
obvious exception being you cant add a tv cap card to the XBox.

Tom E. Craddock, Jr.