[mythtv-users] Frontend

Tom E. Craddock, Jr. sigtom at sigtom.com
Wed Sep 22 08:30:24 EDT 2004

Hey

Bells and Whistles available on the most recent chips (called 4th
generation chips, X3, SmartXX, Xenium)

FTP server on the chip, compared to a basic chip which only has a hacked
BIOS flashed to it.
LCD screen (small one, fits into the front panel of the XBox) shows info
about what BIOS your booting too, shows info from varios XBox homebrew apps.
Larger memory chips on the chip to allow quite a few hacked BIOS to be
flashed, a more basic chip has only say 1MB of flash space, the more
expensive ones have anywhere from 2MB -8MB.

You can get a better idea of what the different chips do by looking at
the links below.

Fourth generation modchips (most recent and most expensive)
http://xbox-scene.com/modchips4_table.htm
Third generation (cost a bit less, still good chips, alot of people
still get them, less expensive)
http://xbox-scene.com/modchips3b_table.htm

If you need anymore info on this, contact me off list as this is a bit
OT for here.

HTH.

Tom E. Craddock, Jr.
sigtom at sigtom.com