[mythtv-users] Pundit Setup

Ashley Bostock abostock at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 13:14:03 EDT 2004

They still have the original pundits on ebuyer.co.uk:
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=63308

I have the exact setup you are after, 2 dvb cards (nova-t) and it all
works fine.
I have the front and backend on the same machine (even have it turning
auto itself on and off when its needed for recording a show), tv out
works great on the original pundit.  Mine has a 2ghz celeron with
256mb ram (64mb of which is used for the graphics card) and 160gb
disc.

I can record 2 shows and watch a recording all at the same time
without any problems.  Also very quiet, can only just hear the fan on
it from a meter or so away (unless you are thrashing the cpu, like
compiling, but under normal mythtv watching conditions its more or
less silent)

 I was thinking on moding it to put the optical out somewhere else
other than the front, but havent had time to look into it yet.

Hope that helps