[mythtv-users] Re: anyone attempt mythfrontend on Cygwin?

Joel Anderson bitjunkie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 14:06:43 EDT 2004

> >>Look into that source file ? In line 86, maybe there is a bug ? AFAIR
> >>cygwin simluates OSS in /dev/dsp, but I am not sure. For sure you would
> >>want to disable ALSA.
> >>

> >Yeah, I looked into the file, it says
> >
> >    struct timeval audiotime_updated; // ... which was last updated at this time
> >
> >My c++ skills are nil, so I wouldn't know if there could be a bug or
> >not.  I'll keep looking though, maybe I will figure something out.
> >

> I haven't looked at the code and I am not sure where time.h is pulled
> in, but in Cygwin struct timeval is defined in sys/time.h whereas in
> Linux (at least Fedora anyway) it is in linux/time.h.
>
> Sorry I am not much more help (at work right now).
>
> --
> David

I backed up a bit before delving that far into the code.  Enabling the
win32 stuff in settings.pro seems to have eliminated the
audiotime_updated problem, so it seems that I should have done that
from the beginning.  (Doh!)  I finally have libavcodec, libavformat,
and libmyth compiled.  Plugging away at libmythtv now, wish me luck!

Thanks again everyone!

--
Joel