[mythtv-users] DVD eject button

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Wed Sep 22 14:49:58 EDT 2004

At 19:08 22/09/2004, you wrote:
>OK, I can't get the eject button to work whether I'm running enlightenment
>or tvm. I don't see any other process running that would be automounting
>and, like I said, only if mythfrontend is running does the disk
>automatically get mounted.
>
>Am I correct to understand that it's normal for the DVD to be mounted by
>MythTV? It's gotta get mounted at some point or you couldn't watch it! But
>isn't it normal for the eject button to not have an effect if the disk is
>mounted? I'm not clear on how it's supposed to be so I'm having problems
>fixing it.
>
>Cheers-
>
>Lorrin

If you're running your DE without any of the usual background daemons they
like to use, then technically you should be able to eject any time. I don't
know if Myth needs the drive mounted or not, since I set up supermount to
take care of all that automatically (this mounts the drive and gives access
to the device as soon as it's inserted).

Have you verified that the eject button actually works? Try ejecting the
drive when you're in the BIOS or something. If it won't work there, chances
are your switch is goosed and you'll need to RMA it.