[mythtv-users] Audio from comp to TV

Josh Burks dotnofoolin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 16:18:00 EDT 2004

That's exactly what you need, though you might want a longer cable
than 6 inches. I got mine at Radio Shack:
http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F007%5F002%5F003%5F009&product%5Fid=42%2D2551

HTH,
Josh

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 14:33:47 -0400, Micah Wedemeyer
<fanmail at micah-wedemeyer.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm setting up my Myth box right now, and I was just wondering how to get the
> audio from my Myth box into the TV.  I will be using composite TV-out for
> video, but obviously, there are no RCA audio outs on the motherboard.
>
> Will a 3.5mm to RCA converter do the trick?  It seems like that's what it is
> designed for, but I want to be sure before I plop down the $$ to buy one.
>
> Here's a link to what I'm looking at:
> http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat%5Fid=2009&sku=03178
>
> If there is a different/better way to go, I'd love to hear it.
>
> Thanks,
> Micah
>
> --

Josh Burks