[mythtv-users] DVD eject button

Lorrin Nelson lhn+mythtv at nerdylorrin.net
Wed Sep 22 16:24:30 EDT 2004

On 9/22/2004 11:49 AM, Stephen Tait wrote:
> At 19:08 22/09/2004, you wrote:
>
>> OK, I can't get the eject button to work whether I'm running
>> enlightenment or tvm. I don't see any other process running that would
>> be automounting and, like I said, only if mythfrontend is running does
>> the disk automatically get mounted.
>>
>> Am I correct to understand that it's normal for the DVD to be mounted
>> by MythTV? It's gotta get mounted at some point or you couldn't watch
>> it! But isn't it normal for the eject button to not have an effect if
>> the disk is mounted? I'm not clear on how it's supposed to be so I'm
>> having problems fixing it.
>>
>> Cheers-
>>
>> Lorrin
>

> If you're running your DE without any of the usual background daemons
> they like to use, then technically you should be able to eject any time.
> I don't know if Myth needs the drive mounted or not, since I set up
> supermount to take care of all that automatically (this mounts the drive
> and gives access to the device as soon as it's inserted).
>
> Have you verified that the eject button actually works? Try ejecting the
> drive when you're in the BIOS or something. If it won't work there,
> chances are your switch is goosed and you'll need to RMA it.

mythfrontend automounts DVDs when I insert them. If mythfrontend isn't
running the drive doesn't get mounted and the eject button works. If I
then manually mount the drive the eject button ceases to work.

It sounds like you're saying that your eject button works even when the
drive is mounted? I thought it was normal for the eject button to get
disabled when the drive was mounted -- but if that's true how do other
Myth users eject their disks? Or alternatively how do I make my mounts
not disable the eject button?

-Lorrin