[mythtv-users] Re: Hitting 'W' (Aspect Change) causes keyboard lockout

Brent Fisher brentfisher at shaw.ca
Wed Sep 22 18:45:44 EDT 2004

I've seen this happen at times in MythTV where the "top" window loses focus.  Key presses then go off to another window or to the ether.

You might want to try to restore focus by clicking around with the mouse if you have one connected.

I don't know whether you're using a window manager or not.  I don't and usually MythTV does a good job of managing it's own windows but I have seen cases - especially in the setup screens where it would lose focus.

This has been much better in later versions but I used to run blackbox to manage the windows just because of this issue.

-Brent