[mythtv-users] PVR250 Tuner Troubles

Bill Bradley williambradley at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 20:35:14 EDT 2004

Ok....

I am trying to use the tuner (coax) input with a cable box on my
PVR250 (the rca in in loose so I only get one channel otherwise I
would use svideo).  I have the following setup in rc.local:

/usr/bin/ivtvctl -u 0x3000
/usr/bin/ivtvctl -p 4
/usr/bin/ivtvctl -f width=640,height=480
/usr/bin/ivtvctl -v input=1,output=1

I only get a black picture no sound with mplayer /dev/video0.  So I
crank up ptune-ui.pl and set the Tuner0 input channel to 3.....voila
picture and sound.  However this disappears with a reboot.  Are there
some ivtv kernel options I am missing or perhaps a ivtvctl line I
could put in rc.local to set the input to Tuner0 (4) and change the
Freq to 3?  Here's my ivtv stuff from modrobe.conf:

# ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv

Please help if anyone knows the answer.