[mythtv-users] PVR250 Tuner Troubles

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Sep 22 21:30:35 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 22 September 2004 17:35, Bill Bradley wrote:
> Ok....
>
> I am trying to use the tuner (coax) input with a cable box on my
> PVR250 (the rca in in loose so I only get one channel otherwise I
> would use svideo).  I have the following setup in rc.local:
>
> /usr/bin/ivtvctl -u 0x3000
> /usr/bin/ivtvctl -p 4
> /usr/bin/ivtvctl -f width=640,height=480
> /usr/bin/ivtvctl -v input=1,output=1

Why?

> I only get a black picture no sound with mplayer /dev/video0.  So I
> crank up ptune-ui.pl and set the Tuner0 input channel to 3.....voila
> picture and sound.  However this disappears with a reboot.  Are there
> some ivtv kernel options I am missing or perhaps a ivtvctl line I
> could put in rc.local to set the input to Tuner0 (4) and change the
> Freq to 3?

ivtvctl --help

> Here's my ivtv stuff from modrobe.conf:
> # ivtv modules setup
> alias char-major-81 videodev
> alias char-major-81-0 ivtv

That's all you need.

> Please help if anyone knows the answer.

Please go read the MythTV and ivtv docs. If you get a test capture that has
video and sound, you're pretty much done with everything you need to do on
the ivtv side. The rest is taken care of by Myth.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...