[mythtv-users] Peer-to-peer commercial skipping

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Sep 22 23:29:36 EDT 2004

> This might take a while to seem relevant. I'm not entirely sure that it is.

Not really relevant to peer-to-peer but more relevant to the
MythTV on cygwin thread.  My answer is short enough though, so I'll
just respond here.

The commercial flagger basically just plays the video, so if they do
get mythfrontend working under cygwin, then mythcommflag should work
as well since it doesn't even require any video output, just text.  You
could run manual (or automated with a script) mythcommflag jobs on the
windows box if mythcommflag was working.  I don't believe a backend
requires a video capture card to be configured even though it requires
the header files to compile, so if the backend was working, then you
could just setup that backend as a dedicated commercial flagging
host with current CVS.

> Please accept my apologies in advance if this should have been sent to
> mythtv-dev ... I deliberated for some time before sending to -users.

-users is fine, but please start a new thread if you have further questions.
I don't read all the messages in here but hit all the ones with
"Commercial(s)" in the subject. :)

--

Chris