[mythtv-users] Pundit Setup

zardoz at zardoz.ath.cx zardoz at ZardoZ.ath.cx
Thu Sep 23 04:27:42 EDT 2004

On Thursday 23 September 2004 07:39, Ciaran wrote:
> Since the difference between a 2Ghz Celeron and a 2.4Ghz is 1 I might
> go for the 2.4 anyway,  will it run much hotter?
>
> Does the Pundit-S (I assume this is the model we're talking about, as
> the new ones appear to be -R) support S-ATA as part of the package, or
> should I be looking at fast ATA drives ?

I would rather look for *quiet* drives, not fast ones, assuming that all
modern ata drives are fast enough to handle some mpeg streams.
I am running good with maxtor PY series and samsung SP series, allthough my
next try will be a seagate Barracuda 7200.7 Plus. watch out for fluid
bearings as they will create less heat and noise !