[mythtv-users] Best approach for TV output (composite/s-video)?

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Thu Sep 23 06:49:56 EDT 2004

> I'd tend to go with a video card versus the PVR-350 - it's much less
> complicated.  :)

 	If you're going to buy a new vid card for the application, you might
want to consider a scanline converter.  It'll be the easiest way to get a good
vid card interfacing with a TV without having driver, Xf86config file option
woes, crappy quality, etc.  I'm sure the quality is to some degree what you pay
for, but I'd think that for $50-100 you could get a decent one?  I'm a big
believer that the *less* "flicker reduction filtering" it has, the better it
is... TV's flicker... get over it!  :)

-Cory