[mythtv-users] Increasing recording time

pete tyrstag at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 23 07:56:12 EDT 2004

At 06:49 PM 9/22/2004, you wrote:

>On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:34:38 -0400, William <wmunson at rochester.rr.com> wrote:
> > > If I'm recording a program like a sports event and it runs over the
> > > scheduled time, how do I increase the recording time so it
> > > will record the
> > > whole game? I tried going into the scheduler and increasing
> > > the record
> > > time, but that doesn't seem to work after it's already
> > > started recording.
> >
> > The way I do it is a poor hack but it does work. When I record events that
> > have an unknown length I always use a manual recording and I set the stop
> > time well past the max possible time (extra hour on a ballgame typically)
> > that the game could go. If I want to save it to disk I just cut out the
> > extra crud before burning. Disk space is not an issue, I have 500 GB
> > allocated to storage.
>
>Why not just set the "end late" to 60 mintues in the reocrding rule then?

Yes, that works if the game only goes an hour over, last night for instance
the game I was watching but not recording went 1.5 hours over scheduled
time. Last week a game was in rain delay and stopped and restarted twice,
it ended 3 hours late.

There should be some way of increasing recording time once it's started.
Unfortunately, I suck at programming or I would give it a whack myself.

--P