[mythtv-users] Best approach for TV output (composite/s-video)?

Jeff_Mitchell at accessbusinessgroup.com Jeff_Mitchell at accessbusinessgroup.com
Thu Sep 23 08:55:23 EDT 2004

John-

What kind of issues currently exist with the PVR-350's video out?  I think
I rememebr reading something about issues overlaying graphical elements on
a hardware-decoded MPEG-2 stream?  Is that what you're talking about?

Also, how's the PVR-350 perform with things like visualizations under
MythMusic?

-Jeff

             John Harvey
             <john.p.harvey at bt
             internet.com>                                              To
             Sent by:                  Discussion about mythtv
             mythtv-users-boun         <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
             ces at mythtv.org                                             cc

                                                                   Subject
             09/23/2004 07:11          Re: [mythtv-users] Best approach
             AM                        for TV output (composite/s-video)?

             Please respond to
             john.p.harvey at bti
               nternet.com;
             Please respond to
             Discussion about
                  mythtv
             <mythtv-users at myt
                 htv.org>

 --- Prash <prashk at staff.btltd.net> wrote:
> Some guidelines applicable as of date:
> - If you already have a builtin tvout, then go for a
> PVR250. If you don't
> then use PVR350. I must warn you tho that X looks a
> bit odd on TV and you
> can't adjust overscan. Picture quality is crisp and
> myth looks great. I've
> a pundit-r (ati I know) and I'm usinf FC2's ati
> drivers.

Hopefully i can get some options in the X-driver over
the next couple of weeks to allow the picture to be
adjusted to solve the overscan issue. Just been
working on other things like improving myth osd
performance for the 350 and helping track down bugs in
the driver.

John