[mythtv-users] Best approach for TV output (composite/s-video)?

John Kuhn kuhn at razorsys.com
Thu Sep 23 09:49:38 EDT 2004

I think i've tried them all.. and have settled on the PVR-350 TV-out

first i tried a Avermedia Gold 3 scan converter.. this was horrible
dark.. blurry no amount of adjustment would make it work properly

I then purchased a PNY GF4mx this was much better but still too blurry
for me and it could not keep up with fast motion (ticker tape would jitter)

so then then decided to try the PVR-350 tv out.. was night and day
compared to the rest of the options.. picture was crisp and kept up with
the motion on the tv.. using the X driver for it also allows you to
watch video thru mythvideo just fine..  only draw backs is no hardware
acceleration for OpenGL parts of my (music/gallery) it deverts to
software which can be rather slow depending on your cpu..

--John