[mythtv-users] Re: QT & SQL

Joel Anderson bitjunkie at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 09:49:59 EDT 2004

> Hey Joel - I would love to bask in your glory to get as far as you
> have with the compilation of the frontend - however I have had a bit
> of a drawback - I haven't been able to 'properly' install mysql into
> cygwin to allow QT to compile with MYSQL support.  How did you do
> that?

For mysql I got the 4.021 source, and ran configure --without-server.
For Qt I basically followed the instructions here
http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/qt3/compiling.php and added
-qt-sql-mysql to the configure, and -I/path/to/mysql/includes
-L/path/to/mysql/libs.

There are a couple of relevent threads in the dev list, just search
for cygwin in the archive.  Post your compile errors and I'll try to
help, preferrably to the other thread we have going, "anyone attempt
mythfrontend on Cygwin?", if you can.  :)

HTH and good luck!
--
Joel