[mythtv-users] HDTV Recommendations... with DVI

Gary Raposo gary at raposo.ca
Thu Sep 23 14:35:51 EDT 2004

Thanks, Jarod... and everyone else that's replied.  As usual, your feedback
is exactly what I was looking for.

Right now it looks like I'm leaning towards the following video adapter:
MSI FX5200 TD128
http://www.msicomputer.com/product/vga/vga_detail.asp?model=FX5200_TD128

As for the sound card, Jarod, you mentioned that a SB Live! 5.1 would do
the trick.  The motherboard I am looking at, Asus P5P800
(http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socket775/p5p800/overview.htm) has a coax
digital out port for the onboard audio.  It's described as an ADI AD1985
audio solution with 5.1-channel CODEC.  The interesting thing is that it's
apparently "SoundBlaster Live! upgradable".  Who knows what that
means.  I'll give the onboard audio a try and if it doesn't work then I'll
have splurge on an Audigy.

Gary