[mythtv-users] FC2 and IvyTV Problems and Questions

jon e wishbone jonewishbone at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 16:08:43 EDT 2004

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 18:59:41 -0700, Jarod Wilson <jcw at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 September 2004 14:07, jon e wishbone wrote:
> > > I tried with the stock /etc/hosts, but then it's the same problem. I'm
> > > going to try messing with the DNS this weekend and see what happens.
> > > (famous last words)
> >
> > I finally was able to get some time to mess around with my DNS
> > settings. replay.cabuki.com now points to the correct place. I set up
> > port forwarding on my firewall to forward port 6543 to the correct
> > machine.
>
> There's no reason your firewall should have anything to do with anything if
> you've got the frontend and backend in the same machine.
>
> > This didn't seem to help.
>
> I wouldn't expect it to.
>
> > I've attached the output of
> > mythbackend.log and mythfrontend.log. I started both with the '-v all'
> > options to see if this would be of some help.
> >
> > I noticed this in mythbackend.log:
> >     2004-09-22 21:40:49 adding: replay.cabuki.com as a client (events: 0)
> >     2004-09-22 21:40:49 2       OK
> >     2004-09-22 21:40:49 Getting next free recorder after : -1
> >     2004-09-22 21:40:49 Card 1 is local.
> >
> > but a second later it says:
> >     2004-09-22 21:40:50 adding: replay.cabuki.com as a remote ringbuffer
> >
> > Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?
>
> Dunno. I never watch live TV on my master backend, so I couldn't say if that
> is normal or not. I believe all ringbuffers are treated as network addresses
> though, so it may be normal. Not sure. You might just nuke your db, re-import
> mc.sql and go through setup again and see if that clears up the problem...
> I'm pretty much out of ideas.
>
> > I don't seem to be making
> > any progress on this. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever get it
> > working.
>
> It'll work eventually. :-)

I dropped/recreated the DB and re-ran setup. Nothing changed. Just for
grins and giggles, I tried using TV Time. With that, I get a blue
screen. I bring up the menu to change the input configuration, but it
won't let me change the video source.

Also, I was bored at work so I looked through the HOWTO on mythtv.org.
I saw the section about Device Permissions
(http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-4.html), so I modified
/etc/security/console.perms like it said. Of course it didn't do
anything.