[mythtv-users] MythTV and DISH - a great solution

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Fri Sep 24 10:11:06 EDT 2004

On Thursday 23 September 2004 04:24 pm, William wrote:
> > For the record, you can control a receiver and a transmitter
> > with a single instance of lirc.
>
> Yea, but why mess with that beast if you dont have to :)

Yeah, and incidentally -- HOW (and I mean in a SANE way)?  I have a
homebrow IR transmitter for my dish network system and I would like to
use the IR receiver on my PVR-250.  Both have drivers, but lircd seems
to work with only one at a time.  I'm not willing to go around and hack
my kernel to use different major numbers for one set of devices, run
two lircds, etc.  WTF is lirc so broken that its entire design assumes
only one IR device on a system anyway?

--
John Goerzen
Author, Foundations of Python Network Programming