[mythtv-users] Jarods guide and an Epia board, problem with the kernel?

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Sep 24 19:04:45 EDT 2004

On Thursday 23 September 2004 11:58, Christoffer Kjølbæk wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to install MythTV from Jarods guide, at it worked just fine.
> But, I have problem with my motherboard. I can get it to work, if I
> compile my own kernel. But, when I have compiled my own kernel, I can
> use the guide, becuase non af the kernel-modules is there, because my
> kernel is named "-costume" at the end.
>
> How can I compile the kernel, so the name is the same.

Edit the Makefile in your kernel source directory before you build the kernel.
But that really isn't recommended, for a number of reasons. You'd have kernel
modules compiled against a differently configured kernel than what you're
actually running, which can cause Very Bad Things to happen.

> Or, get it to
> work in other ways.

Compile the kernel modules from source. Follow the guide for everything else.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...