[mythtv-users] xine slowness/strangeness

Kyle Rose krose+mythtv at krose.org
Sat Sep 25 10:22:26 EDT 2004

I was having this very odd problem where the video was playing more
slowly when I executed xine from within Myth vs. executing it from the
command line.  I discovered that this has something to do with whether
xine is executed from a pty or not: if I replace

  dvdplay  (a script calling xine with the right args)

with

  xterm -iconic -e dvdplay

Everything works great.  I didn't look further into why this might be
the case, but I thought some others might find this useful.

Cheers,
Kyle