[mythtv-users] Re: pvr-250MCE, debian and kernel 2.6 woes...

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Sep 25 13:53:36 EDT 2004

On 09/25/2004 12:44 PM, Christopher Flynn wrote:

>To quote Homer Simposon: Woohoo!
>
>Well I had some issues initially with the patch but I went in and
>patched the 2 kernel file by hand and recompiled and now I have TV!
>Thank you so much Michael for your assistance.

You're welcome.

>Now the only problem is that the video is a little jumpy but I have a
>feeling that is a settings issue.

Make sure the only ivtv-related lines in your modprobe.conf are:

# ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv

(i.e. no options for ivtv, msp3400, saa7127, saa7115, tuner, and no
install lines).  See Jarod's guide (
http://www.wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php#capture ) for more info (the
info--although not necessarily the specific steps for making
changes--still applies even though you're not using FC2).

Mike