[mythtv-users] OT: virus going about?

Charlie Brej brejc8 at vu.a.la
Sun Sep 26 09:22:22 EDT 2004

Craig Tinson wrote:
> hey guys.. this is wierd..
>
> woke up this morning to two virus's (am presuming) in my inbox.. they
> just plain emails with zip files attached...
>
> one is from : 200409182149.00869.jcw at wilsonet.com
> and the other from: 8.1080802 at forevermore.net
>
> those two look familiar.. one I know is jarods domain and isn't the
> other the nuxexport site?
>
> just thought it was wierd.. anyone else got these?
>
> Craig

I got about 20 a week ago and another 20 today. It seems very burstish. They try
to go for random number based email accounts with zip, exe and src files. Often
with very long filenames so you don't see the extension.
If anyone could write a sendmail line to bounce them away dependent on the silly
return address I would be grateful.

--
         Charlie Brej
APT Group, Dept. Computer Science, University of Manchester