[mythtv-users] Hauppauge WinTV PVR usb2

David George david at thegeorges.us
Sun Sep 26 15:52:59 EDT 2004

Helge Jensen wrote:

> What is the status on WinTV PVT usb2 support? Has anyone got it working?

I don't think anyone is currently working on it.  I have also been
looking at it, but don't have the time right now.

<snip>

> But at http://justiceforall.free.fr/pvrusb2.html, a v4l2 driver is
> available. It compiles cleanly agaist my kernel, but obviously i have
> not tested it since i have not yet purchased a card.

Yep, this has been reported on the list.  Someone just needs to add
support to Myth for it.

> I tried searching the mailing-list archives at
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/, linked to by
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-1.html#ss1.4, but that dies
> with an error: "Error: Non-existent table specified".

Strange, it works for me.

> I tried searching the full-text mailing lists for the last few months,
> avaliable at http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/, but that
> doesn't really yield any info on the status of pvr-usb2 support.

Yes, there have only been a couple of messages on it.  I guess most
people that would be able to add the support are happy with their
current cards and haven't had the need to get one.  Besides the PVR-250
can be purchased for about $90 and the cheapest I have seen the PVR-USB2
is about $120, but most places have them at $150.

--
David