[mythtv-users] OT: LIRC on Debian with a custom 2.6.8 kernel

Christopher Flynn flynnguy at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 19:37:27 EDT 2004

I have an ahanix D5 case with lcd and IR on the parallel port. I have
the lcd working through lcdproc and now I'm trying to compile the lirc
module for my kernel. However, when I do I get:
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/modules/lirc/drivers/lirc_i2c'
Makefile:359: /usr/src/linux//Rules.make: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/src/linux//Rules.make'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/modules/lirc/drivers/lirc_i2c'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/modules/lirc/drivers'
make: *** [i2c] Error 2

>From what I can tell (from searching) it is looking for Rules.make but
that is not available in 2.6 correct? Once I get it compiled I can
play with the parallel port settings and hopefully get them to work.