[mythtv-users] Epia MII PCMCIA problems

James Tyson james at giantrobot.co.nz
Mon Sep 27 17:07:50 EDT 2004

> Hi,
>
> Is there anyone out there with a functioning 802.11g PCMCIA card in an
> Epia
> MII?  I am having trouble getting mine (Netgear WG511) to power up.
>
> Here is something I found that says that some card controllers don't
> do so
> well under Linux and refuse to provide power.  Unfortunately, the
> controller
> on the Epia MII is one of the offenders (It is a Ricoh Co Ltd RL5c476
> II, I
> think).  Anyways, the site is at: http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/
>

> So, if anyone has been successful in getting their PCMCIA card to
> work, please
> let me know.

I've had no problem getting 16 bit PCMCIA cards to work (I've tested
Lucent WaveLan Bronze (2Mb) and Silver (11Mb)) but when I put in a
cardbus card - such as a LevelOne 802.11g card I just get an error
about unable to allocate memory (I saw something about this on the
forums on epiawiki.org, but was unable to make it work).

Hope that helps.

---
James Tyson
If it's gigantic, it's probably something to do with us.
Giant Robot Ltd, http://www.giantrobot.co.nz/