[mythtv-users] Record broadcast television

Ken Schutte kschutte at MIT.EDU
Mon Sep 27 21:48:10 EDT 2004

I can't help you with the tuning to broadcast vs. cable.  But, I am
trying to do something similar - convert old home movies (on VHS) to
DVD.  So far, I have just being tuning to cable chan 3 with ptune.pl
(VCR is on cable chan 3), then using:
 >> cat /dev/video0 > newfile.mpg
Then Ctl-C when done.
This seems to work fine, and you don't have to worry about Myth having
to record shows according to the listings.  But, I'm not sure if this is
the best way as far as quality is concerned.