[mythtv-users] Re: OT: LIRC on Debian with a custom 2.6.8 kernel

Christopher Flynn flynnguy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 08:05:28 EDT 2004

Yes, I have the sources in /usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.8/ and I also
have a symlink to there from /usr/src/linux/ It finds my .config file
alright but there does not seem to be a Makefile.in anywhere in my
kernel source directory. (ie. find /usr/src/linux -name Makefile.in
returns no results)

Now I downloaded the debian kernel-source package... should I go get
it from kernel.org? Could that be why there is no Makefile.in? I mean
I am using the kernel I compiled from those sources, I have my nVidia
driver from them compiled in, ivtv, etc is all working, in fact I have
a complete mythtv box with the exception of lirc.
-Chris