[mythtv-users] Mini-ITX or standard PC?

Preston Crow pc-mythtv04 at crowcastle.net
Tue Sep 28 16:42:36 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 16:15, Piers Kittel wrote:
> Antec Overture (include Antec Trupower 380w and HDD rubber grommets)

I have that case, and it is loud.  I replace the case fan, and it's
better now, but the quieter fan also doesn't do as good a job of cooling
it.  (We don't have air conditioning in that room, so this could be an
issue in the summer, which is why I'm thinking of swapping out the CPU
for a mobile version next spring.)

> DVD-RW

Good luck finding one with a silver faceplate.  I managed to find a
regular DVD drive with a silver plate (I think it's a Sony), and it also
has the advantage of being shorter than most drives (which is important
considering how the Overture puts the hard drives behind the DVD drive.
It's also a very quiet drive.

--PC