[mythtv-users] Mythweb 0.16 - weather in Celcius?

IvanK. chepati at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 28 21:45:47 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 28 September 2004 02:56 am, you wrote:
> Would you be interested in rewriting this so that it doesn't just wipe
> out F temps, but selects the correct setting from the myth database and
> only applies the conversion if necessary:
>
>      select data from settings where value = "SIUnits"
>
>      if it's YES, use metric

Chris,

this part is done, but I'd like to create a mythweather settings module to
allow people to choose between metric and imperial units.  However, I've
never touched php code before and can't find where you're writing settings
into the database in order to retrieve them for future use.

Also what units is UV measured in?  I'd like to take that into account in case
it needs to be converted between metric and imperial.

If I can do this tonight I'll send you a patch combining both the above and
the settings module.  Otherwise just the metric/imperial stuff.  There's a
bug in the display of the extended five-day forecast that I'm attempting to
squash as well before I submit the patch.

IvanK.