[mythtv-users] Mythweb 0.16 - weather in Celcius?

Shawn Flynn shawn at shawnflynn.com
Wed Sep 29 09:10:25 EDT 2004

On Tuesday, September 28, 2004 9:45 PM, IvanK wrote:
> Also what units is UV measured in?  I'd like to take that into account in
> case
> it needs to be converted between metric and imperial.

The UV Index (UVI) is a unitless measurement and a (mostly) global standard
set by the World Health Organization. The following document from the WHO
should tell you more than you ever wanted to know about the UVI. See "Annex
C" for the actual formula used to calculate UVI.

http://www.who.int/uv/publications/en/GlobalUVI.pdf

As such, you shouldn't have to do any imperial/metric conversion with UVI.
Just display it as given.