[mythtv-users] Re: DVB card and nuvexport....

Mike Ryan mythtv at redmar.com
Thu Sep 30 06:37:40 EDT 2004

Hi

This was posted earlier this year without any replies, and I have just
experienced the same problem:
"I've recently bought a DVB-T card for my myth box and have so far had
great results both recording programs and watching live tv. My problem
is when it comes to using nuvexport to save the vids onto a CD using
DivX. Whenever nuvexport starts processing it almost immediately comes
up with an error saying 'Incorrect frame size', it then just sits there
doing nothing until I finally Ctrl-C it out of existence. Any ideas? I
tried launching with -debug but then I read that it only works on the
SVCD module.

Cheers,

Andy Marriott"

The problem appears to be that stream generated by the Hauppauge card is in some
way out of sync. The myth front-end appears to cope fine with this but
nuvexport doesn't. Now I know there's a lot of work going on with this at the
moment, so I decided to see what I could do on Windows. So, I copied the nuv
file across to my windows box and ran it through a utility called PVAStrumento
which is available to download from the Hauppauge site. More details can be
found here:
http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/DigiTV/pvastrumento.htm

Select the "Make PS" option, which will generate an MPEG-2 stream which is very
easy to then transfer onto DivX or whatever. I'll also obviously be looking to
see if I can get this to run under Wine so I can cut out the Windows part.

Anyway, hope this helps someone out there

Cheers

Mike