[mythtv-users] Sleep

Albert Ulmer jayaeu at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 07:17:26 EDT 2004

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 06:35:40 -0400, quaff at clippersoft.net
<quaff at clippersoft.net> wrote:
> Correct - But, as far as I understand it that is only for the backend.  I'm
> interested in sleeping my box which has both the backend and frontend always
> running.  Is it now possible to sleep the frontend on inactivity?
>

> On Thursday 30 September 2004 06:02 am, Donavan Stanley wrote:
> > On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 22:12:41 -0400, quaff at clippersoft.net
> >
> > <quaff at clippersoft.net> wrote:
> > > Are there any plans in the near future to add a 'sleep' or similar low
> > > power state feature to myth on the frontend?
> >
> > Myth has had automated shutdown / startup features for quite a while.

What I'd like to know is which power management method I should be
using: APM or ACPI? I read several times that ivtv drivers don't mix
well with ACPI, but I'm not using those, so no restrictions there...

I'd like all my front- and backends go into some sort of powersaving
mode after a while of inactivity. Most importantly, I'd like to cycle
down the CPU and the HD, since those account for most of the heat
coming from my systems.

Best regards,
Albert.