[mythtv-users] Frontend Dies under 0.16

James Timberlake timberlake_james at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 30 15:39:40 EDT 2004

I have the same issue when I'm watching livetv and it
switches to a
scheduled recording. mythbackend keeps cranking away
just fine, but the
backend freezed and has to be restarted. .16 installed
via atrpms.

i've heard its a known bug, but I haven't verified
that.

Mythtv wrote:
> Bruce Markey wrote:
>
>> mythtv at mattsshack.com wrote:
>>
>>> Couldn't read file:

/video/tv/recordings/1041_20040928202400_20040928210000.nuv

>> Does the directory exist, does the file exist, are
the backend
>> and frontend run as the same user, does the backend
have write
>> permission, does the frontend have read permission,
etc.

>> --  bjm
>>
> No this file does not exist. Yes the backend has no
trouble at all
> recording if I schedule it, but it I push the record
while watching a
> program it freezes the frontend.
> Yes, both run as mythtv.
>
> Things I have tried so far:
> I have reinstall the IVTV drivers, changed to native
ALSA support, and
> run the backend as SUID root.
> I still have the same trouble... Anyone know what
"PlayFromRecorder (1)