[mythtv-users] Re: problems with ivtv and fc2 following Jarod's guide

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Sep 30 20:56:44 EDT 2004

On Thursday 30 September 2004 17:35, Jim Chandler wrote:
> > Yup. The very latest kernel-module-ivtv rpm build, a ck100z w/backported
> > patches (thus the ck100zz versioning), is set up to use the msp3400 from
> > the latest v4l2 snapshot, which is in bleeding still. You'll have to
> > temporarily enable at-bleeding, apt-get install
> > kernel-module-video4linux, apt-get install video4linux, then disable
> > bleeding and proceed as you normally would have.
>
> Unfortunately, this does not work for me.  As you can see from below, I get
> a segmentation fault when this runs.
>
> [root at titan archives]# depmod -ae -F /boot/System.map-2.6.8-1.521
> 2.6.8-1.521 WARNING:
> /lib/modules/2.6.8-1.521/updates/drivers/media/video/msp3400.ko
> needsunknown symbol msleep_interruptible Segmentation fault
>
> Guess I picked a bad time to upgrade from FC1 to FC2.  Any ideas Jarod?

Yes. Crap. That v4l module isn't the one you want either. The new one should
be there soon, along with the correct ck100zz build. The msp3400 error is
from the first cut of the patch to merge the ivtv and bttv msp3400 modules,
but contained calls to msleep_interruptible, which isn't available until
kernel 2.6.9-rc3, which the patch was initially created against. I believe
Axel is uploading a new v4l module along with a new ivtv module that should
show themselves by the end of the day, so just hang out for a bit. :-)

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...