[mythtv-users] Nice front end hardware

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Fri Apr 1 00:02:18 UTC 2005

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 10:39:12PM +0100, Dave Ansell wrote:
> Hi,
>    I thought some of  you guys might be interested these:
>
> http://www.media-center-hardware.com/Produkte/produkte.htm
>
>   Bought the 9500 and its now working a treat.    They are fanless so with
> diskless boot  totally silent!
>
>   Company was fast with delivery, though that was in Jan, they seem to have
> been stretched by high demand since then
>   Tech support not that responsive though.   I guess you cant have it all!
>
>    Anyone else using these?

Nice looking, but 400 euros for a 1.2ghz celeron system, which thus
probably can't do HD? (though it might with xvmc, I guess.)

A diskless frontend capable of doing SD can be had for a great deal less
than that.  People seem to enjoy the MediaMVP (About $80) though it does
not do a full front end as yet.