[mythtv-users] Daylight Savings Time, NTP, and reboot

Jeff Simpson llcooljeff at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 03:18:41 UTC 2005

> I don't think that would be an appropriate test.  When daylight
> savings time comes into effect, the computer's clock isn't adjusted by
> an hour; it's just the human-readable display of the time that
> changes.

Depends - I think when the clock is set to local it has to actually
change the clock, but when it's UTC it's just the display that
changes.

But I agree, it's not a very good test, because a lot of the possible
problems would have to do with scheduling, so you'd need to change the
clock to be 1:59am on sunday, see if it records a show on TV over the
time shift, then change it back. Of course, it wouldn't be the right
show, and if you have NTP it'll probably correct it back to the right
time for you

 - Jeff