[mythtv-users] Air2PC, TS mode recording, bad files

Travis 4thc at comcast.net
Fri Apr 1 03:57:03 UTC 2005

John Sturgeon wrote:

> Travis CLayton wrote:
>
>> I did some searching through the archives and didn't find anything
>> about what I'm experiencing so I apologize if it has been covered.
>>
>> With my Air2PC(OTA mode) the recordings that come out in transport
>> stream mode are not recognized by a couple applications as being
>> valid (like TSReader).  Any suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Travis
>

> depending on the channel, and how they broadcast (which PID used,
> which sub-channel) and whether you were recordings a subchannel or
> not, you might get different results from different readers.  Some
> networks here (like KOIN-DT CBS) have streams that I can't seem to get
> at no matter what tool I try ('cept mplayer -dumpstream).  Do you have
> the same problem for *all* channels, or just one or two?

KOIN-DT CBS eh?  Me too.  This is definately an issue with Myth.  Using
this card under Linux from the command line with azap and dvbstream
produces a nice transport stream file.  Using this card under Windows
with a couple different applications like TSReader it can produce
perfect transport streams.  Even opening up the Myth files in a binary
editor you can't find transport packets anywhere.