[mythtv-users] Webcam recommendation for MythPhone

cythrault at gmail.com cythrault at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 12:01:03 UTC 2005

On Mar 29, 2005 4:49 PM, Paul Volkaerts <paul.volkaerts at lineone.net> wrote:
> > Do any of you have any recommendations for a cheap webcam with
> > built-in microphone and -- I'm not sure if it exists -- auto-focus?
> I use a Logitech though support has been ceased, it still works.

I'd be curious to know what model. Does it have auto focus and
integrated microphone?

> > Also, I'm planning to use this to connect my wife with her relatives
> > to help cutting down on long distance charges. The relatives in
> > question are all under the dominion of Winblows; some under 98 and
> > some under XP. So, I'd be interested to know what software your peers
> > are (successfully :) using.
> >
> > I understand that only Windows Messenger (not MSN Messenger) can be
> > configured to connect to SIP services. Other softphone solution
> > appears to be a bit sparse. I've hears of eyebeam from xten…
>
> Yes Windows Messenger works, but its display is postage-stamp sized. I have a port of MythPhone as a standalone Windows app so I can get full-screen video on a PC; it is "coming along nicely" but my time on it has been limited lately. At some point I may make it available but QT licensing is not as "free" for Windows so I have to make sure I am not violating any laws.

hehe. :)

When you get around checking if you can distribute it, (for testing,
maybe that's allowed?) I'd be interested to look at it. Seems like a
cool idea since I was not able to find another softvideophone for
winblows.

Thanks!
cyth