[mythtv-users] Mythvideo Syncronisation?

Ryszard ryszard99 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 12:47:37 UTC 2005

Ok, so i've written the syncronisation module, i've done some prelim
testing, and it all appears pretty good so far.

the performance is ok, i've got 278 videos on a samba share across a
10Mb network, and it takes about 1.5 mins to perform the sync on a 2.6
celly.

This could be a bit of amisleading figure as all but 1 of the files
was already synced.  The time will blow out if there are lots of files
to sync as it makes a call to the database for each file missing (not
a batch or anything like that).

pretty much, the sync goes to the mythconverg database and gets all
the filenames, then goes to the FS and gets all the filenames.  it
then looks to see what is on the FS and not in myth, then adds the
missing entries.

The library (perl module) is attached.  it can be called so:
#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use strict;
use Synchronise;

my $so = Mythtv::Synchronise->new();