[mythtv-users] Daylight Savings Time, NTP, and reboot

Michael J. Lynch mlynch at gcom.com
Fri Apr 1 13:32:28 UTC 2005

Dan Christensen wrote:

>I don't think that would be an appropriate test.  When daylight
>savings time comes into effect, the computer's clock isn't adjusted by
>an hour; it's just the human-readable display of the time that
>changes.
>
>Dan
>
>PS: Please trim quoted material and don't top post.

I didn't say to adjust the clock to account for daylight savings
time, I said to advance the clock to say 1:58 am Sunday morning.
The machine will act exactly as if it is that time and do whatever
it's going to do when 2:00 am arrives.

Certainly it's an appropriate test.  The machine has no idea if
the time arrives at what it is as a result of real time passing or
being forcibly set to that time.

Obviously, if you schedule a recording based on the program
guide, what is recorded will not be correct but *something* will
be recorded.

--
Michael J. Lynch

What if the hokey pokey IS what it's all about -- author unknown