[mythtv-users] Semi-OT: Upgrade to FC3

Nate Thompson natet at buckeye-express.com
Fri Apr 1 13:55:12 UTC 2005

Thanks for the reply Jarod... I was able to get almost all the way through
your FC3 documentation, but seem to be getting stuck on the database import.
Once completed, it freezes when the Titivilus background loads in either
'mythfrontend' or 'mythtvsetup'. Only way to get control of the system again
is to restart. Would you have any ideas as to what I should look at to
correct this? Would importing the database back into MySQL as user mythtv
instead of root (as defined in MySQL) cause any problems?

If I build a fresh database, everything seems to work fine, so I think there
is something in the old database preventing it from starting properly (no
errors when writing 'mythfrontend -v all' to a file)? The old database was a
.17 running on a FC2 system.

Nate