[mythtv-users] Magical Reappearing Channels

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Fri Apr 1 14:40:26 UTC 2005

On Friday 01 Apr 2005 15:28, Tom Hughes wrote:
> There's no mystery really - part of the new DVB auto-tuning code takes
> care of adding new channels as they appear. The result is that if you
> delete a channel then the next time Myth sees it (it the next time you
> tune to another channel on the same multiplex) then it will get added
> back again.
>
> The solution is not to delete them, but just to set the hidden flag
> instead if you really don't want to see them.

Well I would gladly 'hide' the channels if they would be hidden from the OSD
'Browse'. Hiding currently only removes channels from the Program Guide.

As I use the browse feature a lot I don't really want to wade through a dozen
channels I'll never (or can't) watch.

I do appreciate the new tuning code though!
--
Stuart Morgan