[mythtv-users] How do you "tune" subchannels in QAM?

Adam Gianola devils.taco at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 20:55:04 UTC 2005

Taylor, sounds like I'm in the same boat as Marc.  I've got Comcast in
Denver, CO area.  I can get unencrypted channels on several
frequencies, two for example are
channel 18 147000000 Hz - CBS-HD
channel 119  765000000 Hz - ABC-HD

dvbsnoop 0x1FFB just hangs until ctrl-C on either frequency.

I suspected that something more should be coming through and that was
why I had bad luck with the mythtvsetup channel scan, thanks for
confirming this.  Is there a possible workaround in the mean time for
adding channels so I can record / watch live?  The manual adding of
channels to the database (as per Marc's post above) seems to do ok,
but it certainly isn't perfect.  Someone else who has working hd over
qam (with hd3000) shared entries from their channels table with me
which seem to have some different entries than are listed above (ie
some entries which are null in Marc's post shouldn't be).  When I get
some time to sort through it, I'll post later with any insights I'm
able to find.

Cheers,
Adam