[mythtv-users] Black bar over playback

Ryan Claeys troop_ryan at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 2 23:38:56 UTC 2005

Whenever viewing "Live TV" or watching a recording I
have an inch wide black bar covering part of the
picture down the left side of the screen.

This section of the screen displays fine for the gui
and other X windows.

Its also recording fine, as can be demonstrated by
playing back the recorded program through mplayer.

If I change the aspect ratio from 4:3 to 4:3 zoom,
that portion of the screen properly displays, and the
entire screen displays without any black areas, but
the display is distored streching causing a portion of
the top and the bottom of the picture not to be
displayed out of range of the X window.

If I switch Myth to display in a window this all can
still be seen within the window.

This is running on a EPIA M10000 system, using the
via-unichrome driver, and a PVR-250 Card. Running
Fedora Core 3 Installed using Jarod's how to as a
guideline.  Running myth-tv 0.17 from atrpms,
kernel-2.6.10-1.770_14.rhfc3.at, and the unichrome
driver recompiled from Terry Barnaby's source RPM's to
match the kernel.