[mythtv-users] Re: Black bar over playback

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun Apr 3 00:17:18 UTC 2005

On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 03:38:56PM -0800, Ryan Claeys wrote:
> Whenever viewing "Live TV" or watching a recording I have an inch
> wide black bar covering part of the picture down the left side of
> the screen.
>
> This section of the screen displays fine for the gui and other X
> windows.
>
> Its also recording fine, as can be demonstrated by playing back the
> recorded program through mplayer.
>
> If I change the aspect ratio from 4:3 to 4:3 zoom, that portion of
> the screen properly displays, and the entire screen displays without
> any black areas, but the display is distored streching causing a
> portion of the top and the bottom of the picture not to be displayed
> out of range of the X window.
>
> If I switch Myth to display in a window this all can still be seen
> within the window.
>
> Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
>

> This is running on a EPIA M10000 system, using the via-unichrome
> driver, and a PVR-250 Card. Running Fedora Core 3 Installed using
> Jarod's how to as a guideline.  Running myth-tv 0.17 from atrpms,
> kernel-2.6.10-1.770_14.rhfc3.at, and the unichrome driver recompiled
> from Terry Barnaby's source RPM's to match the kernel.

ATrpms has unichrome support, the mythtv packlages for it are in the
bleeding section. You will also need the packages via and drm-kmdl.

Try it and see if you still see these issues. Although I don't really
think this is a unichrome issue.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net