[mythtv-users] mythtvsetup problem

Xiaotian Sun sun.xiaotian at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 01:38:58 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm new to mythtv. I recently bought a pcHDTV-3000 card. Installed the
latest driver and mythtv-0.17 rpm from ATrpm on my FC3 machine.

I followed the instructions on http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php.

The problem is after I set up the database and run mythtvsetup. I selected
the language. Then mythtvsetup ask me whether I want to keep or delete my
capture card settings. Whichever one I choose, mythtvsetup just hands there.
I have to kill it.

I don't have a remote control. So when I start mythtvsetup, it complains

mythtv: could not connect to socket
mythtv: No such file or directory
lirc_init failed for mythtv, see preceding messages

Is remote control required to run mythtv?

Thanks,

Xiaotian