[mythtv-users] Mythtv playback problem with NVIDIA videoa cceleration - HELP! (still unsolved)

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sun Apr 3 01:46:07 UTC 2005

On Saturday 02 April 2005 00:40, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> Of course, OpenGL performance isn't directly relational to a system's
> ability to play back video anyhow, but not a bad way to see if the card is
> being fed as fast as possible. I seem to recall Brandon Beattie's site
> mentioning a high-end nVidia card and a GF4MX having roughly the same video
> decode ability, their only difference really being in the 3D arena. Whether
> that's completely accurate anymore when a GF4MX is compared with the GF 6
> series' decode performance, I have yet to find out, but should this
> weekend...

Swapping in my GF 6200 for a GF4MX makes a tiny bit of difference, as does
upgrading to 7174 (from 6629), but not enough that it matters to get working
HDTV playback. After swapping out my Athon XP 1800 for a 2600, I've got
perfectly smooth HDTV, both 720p and 1080i w/kernel deint. So obviously, cpu
matters a whole lot more than whether you're running a GF4MX or a GF 6800
Ultra.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com